To start off my research, I first brainstormed an idea from the brief and decided to start looking online for some inspiration to use for my story. I used Pinterest to start collecting some character designs, emotions, facial features, and the orientations of how they would look in the scene. I did this so that I could use this material to help me out when drawing out the basic look of how I want my characters and to then use those sketches to build my storyboard . I made sure that I got a range of reference images so that I could think about how I can design my characters, which also allowed me to think about how I could express their emotions to the audience. So, I decided to do some facial expressions based on how I designed the characters and just did the main expressions I will use, with a few other emotions so that there’s a range. Overall, this stage helped me to come up with some of the traits that I will need to refer to when I start modelling the characters and animating th...
The Head texturing came out pretty well, with the main textures fitting well on the different parts of the face. I used a 'blinn' material for the eyes so tat it can have a slight shine on the material, which makes it looks more realistic. The teeth have a 'phong' material on them, so that they can have that shiny look as well like actual teeth do and even though they're simple, they work well with the character. The only part I would work on again is the part where the hair meets the skin, where it looks slightly raised when you look close up. Also, there was a part of the nose where it goes inward in the middle and so I would try and fix that up more to appear rounded. The hand looks really good with the texture on it and that works well with the rest of the body where I show the skin. Although, the thumb looks slightly off and to fix this I should have rotated it towards the top. This would have made it looks more natural for a thumb and to just improv...
Comments
Post a Comment